I was recently informed that around 1969, my father Charles William “Bill” VanEpps had an alleged affair with a Jane Sullivan in or near Elmira, NY. He was stationed as a NY State Trooper in Horseheads, NY at the time.
- There was allegedly a daughter born who was named Christie Sullivan (this could also be spelled differently and she may have a given name that is more formal such as Christine, Christina, Christy, Christi, Khristy, Khristie or some other variation of these spellings)
- She may be living in Chicago, IL.
- She may be gay, which is why I suspect the rest of my family doesn’t want anything to do with her and abandoned their search after believing this may be the case. (Whatever!)
- I was told her mother, Jane, died around 1987.
- Jane’s husband allegedly left her, when he learned of the pregnancy by affair.
- I was told her mother remarried and she has siblings. His name may have been James.
- My fathers’ name may or may not be on the birth certificate.
- She may or may not have a resemblance to me, (my photo is above) I don’t know. I think I look more like my mother.
I’d like to find my sister. I’m not sure she knows anything about any of this. If, after she learns about this and decides she doesn’t want to do anything about it, I’m fine with that.
My father apparently kept this a secret for 49 years. My mother didn’t know about it and I am told neither did my step mother.
If anyone has any information, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org